Each year the District adopts an Annual Operating and Capital Improvement Budget through a public budget review and approval process. This process carefully analyzes the District’s capital needs and financial resources so that necessary projects can be prioritized in a fiscally responsible way.
The Capital Project process identifies long-term and short-term capital improvements including fixed assets, land acquisitions, building improvements, reservoirs, wells, pump stations, pipes, machinery, vehicles, and field and office equipment. The selection criteria are based on a variety of methods as follows:
- Field observation;
- Historical maintenance data; and
- As recommended by adopted master plans, other related planning documents, and regulatory requirements.
The District serves to ensure the quality, quantity & reliability of the water supply in a cost effective manner. The Capital Improvement Process has been developed to meet these goals.
For more information of the latest budget & key projects, please refer to the links and descriptions below.
- CVWD is currently delivering a project at our property on the northwest corner of 19th and Sapphire Streets. It is a Wellhead Treatment Facility to treat water from three wells in order to increase water production and improve system reliability. Construction began mid-November 2018 and is ongoing.
This rendering is the current DRAFT landscape design which is subject to change.
To view an enlarged rendering click here.
- CVWD constructed a new water reservoir to replace an existing reservoir onsite, which reached the end of its service life. This reservoir is a critical piece of CVWD’s water delivery system. Construction began November 2020 and finished in 2021.
- Reservoir 3A Time Lapse Video: Click the image below
- CVWD is currently constructing a replacement well (Well 49) on an existing reservoir site located on Amethyst Avenue. The existing well is no longer operational due to subterranean structural failure. This replacement is critical to maintain a reliable water supply for CVWD and its customers. Construction begins January 2022 and is expected to finish Summer 2022.