Tenant Improvements- Construction, Equipment, Plumbing Changes

Any physical change to your establishment is a tenant improvement (including cooking equipment, other equipment, and plumbing changes) and will require you to submit construction plans to the Cucamonga Valley Water District (CVWD) for review and approval. An oil and grease interceptor may be required or may need to be repaired or modified. Ask CVWD about any requirements and plan ahead.

Contact CVWD to verify if an oil and grease interceptor already serves the location and/or if one will be required. We strongly recommend that you contact CVWD before you make any commitment to the leasing agent.

Submitting construction plans to CVWD is easy. Check our Guidelines for Submitting Tenant Improvement Plans and we strongly encourage you to contact CVWD if you have any questions.

Certain types of water softeners are prohibited. If you are planning to buy or install a water softener, please contact CVWD to confirm that it is the correct type that is safe for the environment.